What to do in a Crisis
If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
If a member of our site is threatening to harm themselves or others, contact your local law enforcement authority.
If ever you are feeling despondent, suicidal, or simply in need of speaking with someone about your problems, please be aware that there are numerous hotlines with trained operators available to help you. These hotlines are free to use and completely anonymous. Please note that these resources are not associated with DailyStrength.
This list was last updated on 10/02/2017.
Remember that these organizations exist to help you.
Suicide Prevention / Depression
- USA: Hopeline (Suicide): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- USA: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-8255)
- USA: Teen Covenant House Nineline: 1-800-999-9999
- USA: SOS Teen Hotline: 1-800-355-0660
- USA: Directory of local helplines / centers
- UK: Samaritans (Nat'l and local): 116 123 or email@example.com
- CAN: Directory of helplines / centers
- Global directory of suicide hotlines
Rape, Abuse & Domestic Violence
- USA: Nat'l. Center For Missing & Exploited Children: 1-800-THE-LOST (5678)
- USA: Childhelp (Child Abuse): 1-800-4ACHILD (4453)
- USA: Nat'l. Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- USA: Safe Horizons Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
- USA: RAINN Nat'l. Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- USA: Nat'l. Center on Elder Abuse: 1-800-677-1116
- USA: National Runaway Switchboard:1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or text: 66008
- UK: Women's Aid Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Global directory of abuse hotlines / resources
- USA: National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888
Substance Abuse / Alcoholism
- USA: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: 800-662-HELP (4357)
- UK: Drinkline: Nat'l. Alcoholism Helpline: 0300 123 1110
- NZ: Alcohol / Drug Helpline: 0800 787 797
Gay / Lesbian Issues
- USA: Nat'l. Poison Help : 1-800-222-1222
Women's Health / Pregnancy / Sexual Health
If you are aware of other helplines or organizations that might benefit our members, please let us know.
Please understand that while DailyStrength cares deeply about our users and their wellbeing, we also believe in anonymity as a key part of what enables people to share on our site. For that reason, we do not collect phone numbers or home addresses of our users and lack the resources, information and tools to investigate or call local authorities in the event of an emergency. Forwarding the above hotline information is the best resource both we and you can provide to someone in need.